The Solution to Recycling Polyethylene
Polyethylene is a thermoplastic homopolymer used in vast array of applications due to its variable crystalline structure. With approximately 10 million tonnes produced each year PE is one of the most used polymers in the world today. Polyethylene is produced in various forms depending on its intended use including but not limited to LDPE, LLDPE, HDPE and UHMW.
Recycling polyethylene can not only be extremely lucrative if done correctly but is also one of the most simple and energy efficient to reprocess. Despite this there is still huge opportunities for the recycling industry to gain financially as vast quantities are still land filled each year. To see how Rotajet machines recycle polyethylene see an overview of the process below.
- Shredder – In typical situations a shredder is used for the initial size reduction of the material. The feed stock is normally reduced down to a shred of 40-50mm.
- RJ-PWS-75 – The material is fed from the hopper into the Rotajet pre-washer to remove the majority of the contamination. This efficient incline plastic washer is fitted with inline filtration and automatic chemical dosing.
- RJ-HKS-50 – A Rotajet sink-float is then used to separate the polypropylene from contaminants such as ABS, PVC, PET, Glass, Metals and others. The sinking fraction is screwed to bagging off for disposal whilst the floating fraction is transferred into the next stage.
- RJ-GR – This powerful wet granulator ensures an even particle size so your final product is suitable for resale into the market. Durable and efficient, our granulators are completely welded and have a heavy steel construction making them capable of withstanding the most demanding requirements present in the industry.
- RJ-MD-55 – This horizontal mechanical dryer is the most efficient way of dewatering granulated and shredded plastics. Our mechanical dryers can reduce moisture levels for rigid plastics down to around 1%. The machine is fitted with a Rotor which rotates at high speed (approx. 1450rpm). To ensure our dryers are simple to maintain, the rotor is fitted with easy to change wear paddles manufactured from D2 steel.
- RJ-DB-ZZ – Finally a zig-zag separator is used to remove any remaining fines, ensuring a product quality suitable for extrusion.
We aim to get back to any enquiry within 12 hours, so please do not contact us if you are interested in a polyethylene line or any specific cleaning requirement. Our friendly team are happy to help with email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0) 1924 271446.