We have a used PET Sort Conveyor for sale. Designed for manual sorting of PET bottles, with an automatic metal detection system to aid metal removal, as a final check before feeding the wash-plant. Fed with a variable speed discharge auger from a large holding bin. Currently configured to directly feed a baler, with the metal detection system switched off. Installed in 2007 but not used since 2009.
- Length: Approx 8 metres
- Width: 1.0 metres belt (1.2 metres bed)
- High sided slow fixed speed flat bed dry backed conveyor belt. Drive/non-drive rollers approx 250 mm diameter.
- Pull cord Emergency Stop lines full length along both sides of the conveyor.
- Built in S+S metal detection unit with automatic conveyor reverse and stop function on detection, for ease of sorting/removal.
- Driven by a Marathon 1.5 kw reversible motor and gearbox, delivering a speed of approx 110 rpm.
- S+S metal detection system with variable sensitivity.